Wednesday, October 10, 2012

5 1/2 years later

So...I never wrote about it and decided that it's time I explain my story.
Preston and Carli round 2.
To start off, Prest and I met the summer before 9th grade. He played on the Yankees baseball team with my twin brother and my Dad as coach.
I started crushin' and then I saw him hit a homerun. Wow. That won me over. Ha!
Okay okay so it was more than that.. he was a COMPLETE stud!
I rememeber the night he called my house and told me to tell Corbin that him and another boy on the team were hiding outside under our yellow slide.. things continued.. we flirted.. and then..
He asked me out :)
Right there on those red and blue swings with a cute little flower that he picked out of our yard :)April 28th, 2006.

That was then...
We dated until the summer before 12th grade when things ended in not the greatest way possible. (I take FULL blame.) In fact, you could say we were almost enemies?
Sad day.
We went our seperate ways, didn't talk, dated other people, and didn't really see much of each other. Although I learned a lot and grew up quite a bit in that year and a half, I always had a little place in my heart for him and of course, his family.
I hoped.. but never really thought.
I started hanging out with Corbin and his group of friends which happened to be Prestons group of friends also. It became a little bit of a joke. If I was there, he wasn't. If he was there, I wasn't. And if we were ever there together, it was bad news.
I became super close with two of his best friends. Cayde and Landon. They both became my brothers. Cayde left on his mission and Landon and I became inseperable. We spent every second of every day  together.
Best friends.
Preston slowly started to appear in the picture. He came around a little more when I was there.. still not the happiest but it started to work.
Then... It happened.
We talked a little more. We saw each other a little more.
And then the day came when... Landon left.
He took a trip to Disneyworld with his friend and it just happened to be the week that Corbin left on his mission. Ugh.
I never knew how I was going to make it through that week without my best friend.
Landon had asked Preston if he would keep me busy while he was gone and Preston agreed but I doubted.
Friday, March 9th Preston took me on a "date". We weren't calling it that because we were both stubborn and in denial but we went to dinner and back to his house.
It was the best. But I wasn't about to get my hopes up.
The next day he called me and asked if I wanted to go shooting with him, his mom, and his sister.
Not acting too excited (but freaking out) I went!
It was one of my favorite days ever.
We shot. We laughed. We talked. We listened to cute country songs.
We went and got dinner that night. 
It was so perfect.
But still.. not getting too excited.
Landon came back and things started to fade a little until we both couldn't help it.
The stuborness was gone.
We liked each other.. again.
It all started there and has been happiness ever since :)
Who would've thought?
Definitley not me.
But 5 1/2 years later..
I couldn't be happier :)
...This is now :)
 I love you Presotn Paynter!! 

1 comment:

  1. you guys are the freaking cutest! if you end up getting married you will have gorgeous children. i approve of this relationship and i love you both:)

    ReplyDelete