Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 1: My Best Friend

Corbin :)


This boy.
This boy has been my 2nd half for the whole 18 years of my life.
He is funny,
loyal,
fun,
honest,
dependable,
a worthy priesthood holder,
a stud,
a utah fan,
hardworking,
loving, 
caring,
mellow,
sensitive,
a good friend, 
and most of all the best twin ever.
He is supposed to be getting his mission call this Wednesday. I'm not too sure how I feel about this yet but one thing is for sure, I have so much respect for this boy. He has been such a great example to me in choosing to sacrifice 2 years of his life to serve the Lord. This boy is going to be one amazing missionary. He has such a strong testimony which brings me to one of my very favorite memories with him.
Ever since we were just little ones, we have gotten up and bore our testimonies in every fast and testimony meeting. Even though he doesn't always want to, the second I get up I can count on this one following right behind me. It has become such a tradtiton to us and the people in our ward that the bishop has joked about not ending the meeting until we get up.
A few weeks ago I went to my sisters ward in Logan and it happened to be on a fast Sunday. When I walked in I began to panick a little bit. How in the world was I going to bare my testimony without this boy? I decided that I better start getting used to it now :( I made sure to text him and remind him to bare his testimony in our ward and I did it in the Logan ward. I was happy to be able to do it but it just wasn't the same. I felt more nervous thatn normal and just.. not the same. I am going to miss this so much! These next few months are going to be some special ones!
Anyway, to sum it all up... I love him, I'm so grateful for him, and I am going to miss him so much but it will be so exciting to write and receive letters! :)
Hope you all have a great Monday! :)

1 comment:

  1. Chops! Congrats on joining blog world! Corbin is such a stud. I'm going to miss him soooo much, but what a blessing his mission will be for all of us.

    ReplyDelete