Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Playing House: Day 1

My little buddies :)
Yesterday my cute sister Brooke and her husband Derek went on a little trip to Vegas and St. George. I have been able to have the awesome privledge of helping watch their two adorable boys. 
When I was a little one, my favorite thing to do was play "house". I LOVED baby dolls and LOVED to pretend that I was a mom. My dream has finally come true!
 Yesterday after work I went to Brookes house to watch the kids when they left. The kids were both napping so I just hung out for a bit until they woke up. When they were both awake, we played with some toys, packed up the bags, and headed to Grandmas. We ate some McDonalds and then I went to institute for a few hours. When I got home, my mom and I got the kids in their pajamas and then I loaded them in the car and we headed back to their house. We read some books, said prayers and we were ready for bed! 
Carter just turned 2 and he is the funniest little boy ever! When I took him to bed he told me all the songs he wanted me to sing to him. Happy Birthday, Sunshine (You are my sunshine) and Popcorn (Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree) This was my FAVORITE! I would sing each song and then he would sing them. So cute! After we were done singing, I layed him down and he was out! Such a good little boy!
Lincoln is 3 and is such a likeable dude. When I took him to his bed, he asked me to lay by him for a little bit. He told me story after story, gave me lots of kisses, and right before falling asleep he said, "You're my best friend and I love you so much." :) Perfect way to end the night.
I will definitely be writing more about my fun advertures this week! 
Hope today was a fantastic day for everyone! 
P.S. Corbin got his mission call today!!! :) Post and pictures to come :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment