Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I Love to See the Temple...

Lately, I have had such a strong desire to go to the temple and do baptisms for the dead.
Last saturday I decided I was going to go but things just kept getting in the way.
Different things came up, I was tired and wanted to sleep in, I didn't know exactly where my recommend was, blah blah blah.
As I started thinking about this I realized that I couldn't let someone stop me from doing this.
My desire started out strong and it was going to stay that way so that was my decision. I was going.
I woke up to my alarm so frustrated and down.
I had the WORST dream.
I had a dream that I went to the temple and everything possible went wrong.
I choked on my gum while I was saying the prayer.
My clothes were to small.
I tripped down the stairs.
A guy was upset with me.
EVERYTHING! And I didn't understand! I was so discouraged!
I decided to get up and go anyway (thanks to Corbin) and it was the best ever.
I was so happy there. It felt so right. COMPLETELY opposite from my dream.
Ever since then I feel like I hear about temples so often and I know there is a reason for that.
I was talking with my grandparents about the fact that Corbin will be going through the temple soon and I am the only one in my family who won't get to go. It made me feel a little sad but my Grandpa said, "Just think, when you go through everyone will get to be there with you."
So cool! It made me so excited.
The thing that stood out to me the most about temples and testimonies of temples took place last Thursday.
I was babysitting my nephews, Lincoln and Carter. 
Brooke had told me earlier that day that when she was driving home, she could hear Linc quietly singing, "I  Love to See the Temple."  so cute!
When I was taking them home, I could hear little Linc singing so I turned down the radio and sure enough, "I Love to See the Temple."
I didn't want him to know I was listening because I knew if he did he would stop so I acted like I wasn't but my heart melted. Completely.
This 3 year old little boy strengthened my testimony so much.
That night I was helping Brooke put them to bed so we asked Linc to sing us that song.
He got so excited and he sang the whole song :)
He would finish and say, "hey carli, do you want to sing it with me?"
We sang it over and over and over.
It was definitely one of my most favorite memories with this little one.
We were lucky enough to get it on camera...highly recommend you watch it!

I love this little boy. He is such a stud and already as such a strong testimony. It's so cute to hear him ask questions and get so excited about the temple! Thanks little Linc for being such a great example to me!
I am also so grateful for the temple and the opportunity I have to serve there!  I'm grateful for the blessings that come from that and all of the amazing examples in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment